Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to install drivers after formatting my macbook pro?

Hello. I want to clean install OS X Yosemite. So do I have to install drivers after formatting my macbook pro? or Will it install all drivers by itself?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Model is Late 2013

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 6:20 AM

For the computer itself no. When Yosemite is installed all your drivers will be installed too. If you have any peripheral devices (printers, scanners, and the like) those may have drivers that your computer will automatically install or you may need to download them and install. For example, when I got my new computer and went to configure my printer the computer downloaded the drivers from Apple and installed it. My scanner didn’t though, I had to go to Epson’s website and download that devices driver.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2015 6:20 AM in response to ilkin_95

For the computer itself no. When Yosemite is installed all your drivers will be installed too. If you have any peripheral devices (printers, scanners, and the like) those may have drivers that your computer will automatically install or you may need to download them and install. For example, when I got my new computer and went to configure my printer the computer downloaded the drivers from Apple and installed it. My scanner didn’t though, I had to go to Epson’s website and download that devices driver.

Do I have to install drivers after formatting my macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.