Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air connects to WiFi but can't connect to internet for about 5 minutes

I have a MacBook Air running Yosemite and whenever I wake it from sleep or turn it on it says it's connected to wifi, but it's usually about 5 minutes before anything will load.

• Happens on multiple wifi networks

• and doesn't happen to other devices on those networks

• Been going on for ages (since Mavericks)

• Diagnostics says nothing's wrong

• Still happens on other users and in safe mode.

Does this happen to anyone else / does anybody know a way around it?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 2:51 AM

2 replies

Mar 24, 2015 10:13 AM in response to jamang1999

Hi jamang1999,

For that specific issues where you are connected to the internet after waking your MacBook Air up from sleep and it is not connecting to the internet, then take a look at the article below to troubleshoot the issue further. There is a section called Symptom: After restarting or waking from sleep, my computer might not connect to the Internet and go through those troubleshooting steps to see if it continues afterwards. I know that the troubleshooting is for OS X lion and previous version of OS X but the troubleshooting is still relevant. If it does not work and are still experiencing issues, then you may need to contact Apple for additional support.

Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202222

Take it easy,

-Norm G.

MacBook Air connects to WiFi but can't connect to internet for about 5 minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.