Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a third party bundle of midi drum loops. Where should I move the folder so I can access all of the midi files as loops using either the latest versions of Garageband or Logic Pro X?

I purchased a third party bundle of midi drum loops. Where should I move the folder so I can access all of the midi files as loops using either the latest versions of Garageband or Logic Pro X?

iMac 5.1, Mac OS X (10.6.4), intel core 2 duo

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 5:47 AM

6 replies

Mar 22, 2015 6:23 AM in response to léonie

I have Garageband 10.0.3 and OS X Yosemite 10.10.2. I have done what you advised and it works with other files that have other extensions other than .mid and they are all there but with my .mid files only 165 files show up and there are a couple hundred. I contacted the company where I purchased them and they have only responded by sending me e-mails containing links to try to figure out why I don't see them in my loops. I can drag them individually to Garageband and I guess save them but that will take a very long time to do. I tried changing the extensions but that didn't work either. I tried moving them to different folders in the apple loop folder for each main heading of the drum loops but that didn't work either.

Mar 22, 2015 7:25 AM in response to léonie

It seems like the files that are waveform audio are the ones that are available as loops from the selections box, the files that are Midi audio do not. Is there anyway to get the midi files to be visible as loops selections? Like I said, there are hundreds of them and it would take a long time to individually save them into Garageband 10 or Logic Pro X.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.