Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud storage for more backup

I bought extra icloud backup storage with credit card, and apple already deducted my credit card meaning already charged money to my card, but i waited about half an hour already, still the storage plan not reflected to have the extra space i bought, i bought 20 gb which cost USD 0.99 monthly, what should i do to enquiry on this..

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 6:47 AM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 3:26 PM in response to yehanbaby

You are aware that the iCloud, either the iCloud Drive or iCloud Photo Library, is not online backup storage. It's a way of syncing files or photos between devices signed in to the same iCloud account. Each item, drive or library, requires that a companion file/photo be stored on the device and if a file/photo is deleted from one device it will be deleted from all devices.

If you want off Mac storage get an external HD that's formatted OS X Extended (journaled) and use it.

User uploaded file

icloud storage for more backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.