Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to OSX 10.10.2 my mighty mouse keeps disconnecting

My Apple blouetooth mouse keeps dissconnecting and reconnecting and has very poor tracking.

After checking my logs today I can see there seems to be an issue:

Mar 22 13:28:16 MacPro.local System Preferences[1184] <Warning>: Failed to connect (mPasskeyDisplay) outlet from (IOBluetoothDevicePairViewController) to (IOBluetoothPasskeyDisplay): missing setter or instance variable

I've tried all the fixes, restart with no USB devices, bluetooth off and prefrences trashed all to no avail.. I've even tried paper and tin foil in the mouse.

I'm starting to think that I need to buy a new mouse.... but not an Apple one....

Anyone have a fix?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 6:46 AM

5 replies

Mar 22, 2015 11:19 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thanks Barry.

I've already tried both of those methods. I also tried a new Apple mouse, and had the same issues.

I suspect a bug in the recent 10.10.2 update, because before that update mouse worked fine.

Looks like I'll be using a wired mouse till a fix is issued... or I buy to a new non-apple mouse without the need for the bluetooth connection.

Since upgrading to OSX 10.10.2 my mighty mouse keeps disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.