Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headphones disconnecting after pausing video content on Yosemite.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Yosemite 10.10.3 (latest public beta)

(short) My Beats Studio Wireless headphones will disconnect after pausing video content.

(long) My headphones will connect without issue. However, after watching video content (either on Safari or QuickTime), the headphones will disconnect from bluetooth. To re-connect, I must turn the headphones off then back on. I have read the bluetooth faqs and there are no solutions addresses this issue. I have had moderate results by removing com.apple.bluetooth.plist and re-pairing my devices, yet, the problem returns after watching video in Safari. This problem only persists on OS X. I have tested the headphones with Windows and iOS and they work as intended with no dropouts. Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 9:30 AM

6 replies

Mar 24, 2015 12:16 PM in response to tlacroixia

Hello tlacroixia,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your Mac is playing the sound from your video correctly to your wireless Bluetooth headphones until you pause the video and then it reverts to the default speakers. If your computer is going to sleep during these pauses, this behavior is normal. Please let me know if this is not the case.

Mac Bluetooth headset FAQ - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Mar 24, 2015 2:21 PM in response to AppleJoe

That is not the case for me. If I hit pause then un-pause after 5 seconds it will disconnect. However, today I plugged a 3.5mm cable into my Mac, not connected to anything on the other end, and my headphones (which are connected via bluetooth) have stayed connected all day. Problem literally went away when I plugged the 3.5mm cable into the headphone jack on the mac.

Mar 25, 2015 6:15 AM in response to tlacroixia

Hi tlacroixia,

Thank you for the response. Because this is not happening when your computer goes to sleep, the first troubleshooting steps I would recommend would be to reset your computer’s PRAM and SMC. Please follow the instructions located in the attached two articles below to complete these steps, and again, please let me know if the issue continues.

OS X Yosemite: Reset your computer’s PRAM

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Bluetooth headphones disconnecting after pausing video content on Yosemite.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.