Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable wifi Apple TV

I'm looking for a way to completely disable the wifi on a apple tv. Is there a way to go into settings and do this so the Wifi is not transmitting a signal?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 10:48 AM

I don't know it is is possible for certain, but this support document seems to suggest that Wi-Fi is shut down if there is a valid wired Ethernet connection. Switch between wired and wireless networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support

tt2

9 replies

Mar 22, 2015 11:17 AM in response to jon@healthyecohome

Thanks turingtest2, My concern is with reducing the RF exposure so I am looking for ways to turn off wireless on different devices. For instance you can plug your Ipad or Iphone into the ethernet and then turn on airplane mode but still have internet access. I am currently researching streaming players looking for the one with the best features and the ability to disable the Wifi and bluetooth

Apr 24, 2016 12:04 PM in response to jon@healthyecohome

I am also trying to find a way to disable my WiFi. I have a 4th gen Apple TV, and it is always connected to my WiFi. I'd prefer to have it VIA Ethernet, so that it doesn't clutter up my network speeds on our WiFi devices. When I had my 3rd gen, I was able to connect my Apple TV via Ethernet, and stream from my iTunes on my computer to my apple TV (computer is on WiFi) and had zero issues with any lag on my computer internet. Now that I cannot connect to WiFi, any streaming is done through the WiFi its self, and slows down any other internet functions.

If anyone has an idea on how to use only Ethernet, that would be great!

EDIT: whoops year old thread. didn't notice that. sorry.

How to disable wifi Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.