Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TDM login crash after screensaver

Hello all, i wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem to this...

I have a 2014 5K iMac at home and a 2014 Macbook Pro from work. When working at home i tend to stick the macbook in TDM, boot through the iMac and VPN through to work.

Totally reasonable, right?

My problem occurs when the screensaver kicks in. Sometimes, but not everytime, i am unable to login again and the only answer is to do a hard reset of both devices.

For now i've disabled the screensaver whilst at home, but it's a requirement at work due to security policies.

Can anyone shed a light on what may be happening?

thanks

iMac with Retina 5K display, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 10:20 AM

1 reply

Mar 24, 2015 12:41 PM in response to Trickyb_uk

Hey Trickyb_uk,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, the screensaver locks up the computer and both computers stop working. Is the login password not working or is the system frozen? I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) - Apple Support

A computer that supports target display mode does not switch into or out of target display mode as expected.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

TDM login crash after screensaver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.