Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes and importing MP4 files into library problems

Does anyone else have this odd result with ITunes V 12.1.1.4?

I have 2 PC's in my home network running the same version of ITunes 12.1.1.4 and on one computer [Windows 8.1] I can add MP4 files to the library and then access through Apple TV and another PC [Windows 7] will not add any of the exact same MP4 files to its library to be accessed by Apple TV. I am not sure with all settings the same within ITunes how this is happening. Anyone else have this happening?

Puzzled,,,

Martin

Apple TV, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 10:11 AM

13 replies

Oct 9, 2015 11:15 AM in response to turingtest2

I have, I usually drag them from my HD to my itunes which puts them in my home video area. I acn not do that anymore (for some unknown reason). I just get the circle with a bar through it. I have done this many times, it doesn't work anymore though.

turingtest2 wrote:

Typically video files added to iTunes are added to the Home Videos section rather than Movies. Have you checked for them there? Are they in an iTunes compatible format?

tt2

Oct 9, 2015 11:43 AM in response to SupaZach509

Inside your media folder is another called Automatically Add to iTunes. Drag and drop should work, but if you're getting the rejected symbol there must be some reason why it isn't. It's worth trying a different approach. If the reason that files are rejected is that your video card needs some additional software support to play your videos then QuickTime is the support it needs.

tt2

Oct 9, 2015 6:04 PM in response to SupaZach509

Did you also switch to iTunes 12.3 for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards)? This is a 64-bit installer for the 32-bit core application, similar to all 64-bit releases of iTunes up until 12.1. You need the 32-bit core to integrate with QuickTime, assuming that is what the issue is. Do you have other movies still in your library that were imported in the same way before, and if so do they play?

tt2

Itunes and importing MP4 files into library problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.