Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find and delete private browsing history

trying to find and delete private browsing history in safari. info suggests data in safari folder, file "WebpageIcons.db". Unable to locate. any assistance appreciated.

using IMac

Mac OS X, version 10.5.8

Processaor: 2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo

memory: 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 12:15 PM

4 replies

Mar 22, 2015 12:42 PM in response to fmgirdley

Safari 4?

For privacy, you can choose Safari > Private Browsing. When private browsing is enabled, webpages are not added to the history, items are automatically removed from the Downloads window, information isn't saved for AutoFill (including names and passwords), cookies are not retained, cache files are not retained, and searches are not added to the pop-up menu in the Google search box.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT3643

Mar 23, 2015 3:33 PM in response to dominic23

The issue is not turning private browsing function on/off. see original post. according to MacIssues (posted on Zite) the private browsing history is retrievable ( not so private ). apparently history is a list of URLs visited during "private browsing" is in the safari library/webpageIcons.db file. I am unable to find this file on my computer (see original post), and would like to be able to access and delete file. apparently this has been the case for some time.

I am using Safari 5.0.6 (5533.22.3).

assistance/instructions ( i am not terribly computer competent).

find and delete private browsing history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.