Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My facetime getting error in activation. sometimeso stuck on 'waiting for activitation' what I shoul do?

My facetime getting error in activation. sometimeso stuck on 'waiting for activitation' what I shoul do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 12:29 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2015 6:38 AM in response to kafe ch

Hi kafe ch,

If you are seeing a "waiting for activation" error message when you attempt to activate FaceTime, try the following:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you're using an iPhone, you'll need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
  2. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set up correctly.

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

If you've waited more than an hour, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS.
  2. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can receive SMS messages.
  3. Contact Apple Support.

Regards,

- Judy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.