Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which font supports the blackboard bold math symbols?

Simple question: I'd like to use the blackboard bold symbols for real numbers, natural numbers etc. Which font on the Mac has these and how do I get them in my text, e.g. in TextEdit?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Core i7, 27"

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 4:58 PM

The STIXGeneral font (which I believe is included with Mavericks) contains these glyphs:

User uploaded file

You can use the Character Viewer to insert them.

6 replies

Mar 22, 2015 3:10 PM in response to Gerben Wierda

Okay. I was just going by what 99.9% of the world's population would consider a blackboard.

Even looking for "blackboard font" in Google only leads you to various fonts which look like they were hand written on a chalkboard. Much like the one I linked to above.

What you want is referred to as an outline font. I know I have the font you linked to on Wikipedia, and quite a few others much like it, but I don't have the time to dig and see which ones they are right now.

However, a quick look an Adobe's site shows that Monotype Old Style Outline Bold is close to what you're looking for. Main search page if you want to look for others.

Which font supports the blackboard bold math symbols?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.