Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't backup iphone 6

I connected a new iphone 6 and restored from iphone 4 backup using USB. all work normally but when I'm trying to back the ipohone 6 (using USB) I get error message that it can't backup as error accoured.

any idea?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 2:13 PM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2015 7:30 AM in response to Orlapid1

Hi there Orlapid1,

It sounds lik eyoure getting an error message when you try to backup your iPhone 6 to iTunes on your computer. I would use the troubleshooting in the following article to help resolve just such an issue:

If you can't back up or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Mar 25, 2015 2:12 PM in response to sterling r

Hello Sterling,

thank you for your reply and advice.

I followed your instructions in the link and unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

I must mention that the iTunes succeeded to transfer purchase apps, however backup still fail.

at this stage I tried to install iTunes on a different laptop, unfortunately the 2nd laptop showed the same issue.

(both laptops are not the same model).

its a new iphone, what could be the issue?

Or

Mar 25, 2015 3:18 PM in response to Orlapid1

Hello Sterling,

thank you for your reply and advice.

I followed your instructions in the link and unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

I must mention that the iTunes succeeded to transfer purchase apps, however backup still fail.

at this stage I tried to install iTunes on a different laptop, unfortunately the 2nd laptop showed the same issue.

(both laptops are not the same model).

and - when I did backup in one of these laptops to an iphone 4 (another one) it succeeded.

its a new iphone 6, what could be the issue?

Or

Mar 26, 2015 9:10 AM in response to Orlapid1

Since it sounds like you have done all the troublehsooting in the article, so I would use the info at the bottom of it to contact support for the device:

If you can't back up or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes

If you tried these steps and see the message again, contact Apple Support or your wireless carrier (if you're using an iPhone).

can't backup iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.