Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't reactivate my iphone4 after restore

I have done a clear and restore on my iphone4 and now switched it back on. It gets to the 3rd page of the set-up process and says Activation Error - Activation request could not be completed. If the problem persists, please contact customer care.. Is there anything I can do other than take a trip to the Apple shop??

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 1:27 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2015 7:06 AM in response to raucousangel

Hi there raucoushangle,

It sound slike you are getting an activation error after restoring your phone. I feel you should use the troubleshooting in this article about that very sort of issue:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

Check your device settings

1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you're using an iPhone, you'll need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
  2. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set up correctly.

Turn off iMessage and FaceTime and restart

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

Still not activated after an hour?

It might take a few minutes to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If you've waited more than an hour, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS.
  2. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can receive SMS messages.
  3. Contact Apple Support.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Can't reactivate my iphone4 after restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.