Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Won't My iPod Touch Add Music?

I have been experiencing this issue for a while now and am getting increasingly frustrated the the point where I no longer care to own an Apple product of any kind. I have a lot of music. I store all my music on my laptop and plug in my iTouch occasionally to put new songs on there. However, any time I drag my songs over like normal, they don't show up on my actual iTouch. My laptop displays a happy list of all the songs that should be on there, verifying that the songs are in fact on there, but they are not. When I tried to add new songs today, my iTouch decided to delete everything except for what I had purchased directly from that device leaving me about 3000 songs short of what I should have. My laptop says the songs are on there, however, the amount of remaining GB free has altered dramatically from around 5 GB free to now over 23 GB free because my music has completely disappeared from the device.

My iTouch, laptop, and iTunes are all updated, and my iTouch is set to show all music, so I don't see why I am experiencing an issue like this. All I want is to able to listen to my music on the device I was promised could do that. If your product cannot function the way it was intended to, then I do not see any reason to trust your merchandise in the future.

iPod touch, iOS 8.2, My laptop runs Windows 8

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 2:44 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2015 7:43 AM in response to baileymermaid95

Hello BaileyMermaid95,

As I understand it when you drag songs from iTunes to your iPod Touch it seems as though it has worked but when you look on your iPod, they arent there so you cannot play them. I can definitely see how that would be pretty frustrating but from what you describe it sounds like this should be a software issue and thus resolvable. I would start by quitting the Settings and Music apps:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Let me know how that goes.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Why Won't My iPod Touch Add Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.