Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Freezing on Startup on my iPhone 6

This started happening a few days ago and is very annoying. I try to use my Safari on my iPhone 6 and it freezes for like 30 seconds or so on startup. After that it is fine but it is really annoying. Has anyone encountered this any know any fixes for it?

Thanks! Help much appreciated

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 5:16 PM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2015 8:40 AM in response to Jhoye117

Hello Jhoye117,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPhone. If you are having issues when launching Safari on your iPhone, you may want to try resetting the Safari data on your phone as outlined in the following article:

Clear information from your device

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

To visit sites without leaving a history, turn on private browsing.

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Mar 28, 2015 9:45 AM in response to Jhoye117

If Safari is still freezing, you may want to make sure you have your data backed up, then try reloading a fresh copy of iOS as outlined below (the quoted section is aimed at a slightly different startup issue, but can be useful for other iOS issues as well):

If your device gets stuck during startup

When starting up, you might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time, or your device might restart again. Try these steps:

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Safari Freezing on Startup on my iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.