Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watching Movies on Apple TV

**No idea why it would not let me post this rant to Apple TV forum.

I am losing my mind with you Apple. I want to love you, I really do, but the way you are handling movies and the Apple TV drives me crazy.

I paid for and own the Lego movie and want to watch it. All three possibilities fail me:

My ISP is being very slow today so I can't stream Lego Movie from Apple TV server directly (says it needs 2 hours to buffer)

I have it downloaded to my Mini but when I try to playback in iTunes and then mirror the screen to the Apple TV, I get the stupid HDCP error that my TV (even though it normally is fine) doesn't support HDCP playback.

3rd try would be to browse the library on this computer, but for some reason Home sharing computers NEVER show up in the Apple TV menu no matter what I do. Another issue I have been dealing with.

SO basically the movie I paid you $20 for is essentially useless to me. I am no longer going to buy movie content through you. Imported MP4's always work. Why do you make your own content less compatible?

Thanks way to ruin a night at home with the kids.

Apple TV (3rd generation), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 8:08 PM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2015 8:21 PM in response to goingWithUncertainty

1. Apple is not here. This is a user to user Forum. If you want to complain to Apple, use their feedback link. http://apple.com/feedback

2. If your internet connection is slow, how is that Apple's fault?

3. Its very possible the movie you bought may have issues. Apple does not control the movie content in the store. The Rights holders a.k.a the movie production companies do. If they Upload a movie with issues there's nothing Apple can do about it. They control their content.

4. If you are not satisfied, you can report a problem with your purchase to Apple, and see if they'll refund your money.

https://reportaproblem.apple.com/

May 25, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Phil0124

1. Of course Apple isn't here. That is a shame. You would think they would watch these forums.

2. My complaint is not about slow internet. The complaint is that i have it downloaded it to my computer in the other room and if I try to play it from my local source then I can't play it because stupid Apple TV (As usual) is mis-reading the HDCP capabilities of my TV.

3. I bought it from iTunes.

4. You can't return Apple content and that isn't the point.

I am (obviously) having the same problems tonight. All movies not purchased through iTunes are playing just fine, but Apple iTunes purchased movies won't play. No way to pinpoint a specific issue, not ISP related, everything is fine, but Apple TV is stuck in some kind of authentication loop. Tried playing from Apple TV directly. Tried playing from computer and Air Playing to Apple TV.

NO luck. I can't figure out what triggers this.

Watching Movies on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.