Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to upgrade from OS X 10.6.8 to 10.7 or higher to install turbotax. What do you recommend I install?

I need to upgrade from OS X 10.6.8 to 10.7 or better in order to run TurboTax. My iMac is about 4 years old with limited space. To what do you recommend I upgrade?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 5:52 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2015 8:52 AM in response to kparker2112

Hello kparker2112,

I understand you would like information on upgrading your operation system. The link below will help you determine if your computer meets the requirements for the current version of OS X, which is Yosemite. I would highly recommend backing up your data before upgrading any version of OS X:

Apple - OS X Yosemite - How to Upgrade

For backing up your data:

Mac OS X 10.6: Setting up and adjusting Time Machine

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Bobby_D

I need to upgrade from OS X 10.6.8 to 10.7 or higher to install turbotax. What do you recommend I install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.