Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad will only mirror on Apple TV for a split second

My iPad will only mirror with the Apple TV for maybe a second before it kicks back to iPad and stops mirroring. Anyone else have this problem? My iPhone 6 will mirror on the Apple TV with no issue.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 5:47 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2015 8:51 AM in response to supasooner

Good day supasooner,

If you are having an issue with being unable to use AirPlay mirroring from your iPad because it stops immediately after starting, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

Get help using AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically the section titled If your playback is interrupted, or you have network lag.

You might notice these issues if you have a weak Wi-Fi signal or interference from a different device, like a microwave or baby monitor. Try these steps:

1. Make sure that you're using the recommended settings for your Wi-Fi router.
  2. Move or turn off other devices that might cause interference.
  3. Try connecting your Apple TV directly to the router using an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing,

Brett L

iPad will only mirror on Apple TV for a split second

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.