Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my alternate Apple ID?

You are able to change your Apple ID but it says I also have an alternate one. How do I change that? It won't let me under edit or preferences when logged in on the website. Any advice?

Apple ID/ Itunes-OTHER

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 6:29 PM

5 replies

Mar 25, 2015 9:22 AM in response to NEBSWILL

Hi NEBSWILL,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you want to change your alternate email address associated with your Apple ID. The following article provides information on managing the different email addresses associated with your Apple ID.

Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses - Apple Support

Regards,
Jeff D.

May 27, 2015 7:37 PM in response to jeffd55

That article doesn't quite cover the situation that I - and the original poster - seem to be dealing with and doesn't address the real question. We need to know how to change the "Alternate Apple ID," not the "alternate email addresses" associated with the Apple ID. There is one address listed as the "alternate Apple ID" and then there are other alternate emails below that. The "alternate Apple ID" has no edit capability, while the others do. It looks like this:

User uploaded file

There is no edit option listed - no icon, no clickable text, nothing. I would like to change this because it is not my name in the email address since my wife and I finally managed to separate our AppleID and the alternate was the @me.com address she set up for herself.

Oct 20, 2015 6:29 AM in response to NEBSWILL

Having the same issue - an old @me account is linked to the alternative apple id and I have no option to delete it.

Anyone had any luck with this?

How do I change my alternate Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.