Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my storage of photos and videos is still high after I deleted most of my photos and videos?

Why my storage of photos and videos is still high after I deleted most of my photos and videos?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 7:55 PM

1 reply

Mar 23, 2015 12:08 AM in response to joycez0727

Perhaps you are having phantom photos on your iPhone, caused by a wrong deletion date:

Phantom photos are a recent new problem:

There are apparently more users suffering from phantom photos that cannot be deleted: Changing the date makes the photos in "Recently deleted" visible again:

txforeverMar 5, 2015 6:38 PM Re: More photos in settings than photos app shows
Re: More photos in settings than photos app showsin response to morganfaith6

I managed to get rid of the phantom usage. Restoring iPhone and resetting the phone settings/data do not work for me.

I had to move the Date on my phone earlier by 1,2,3 months and found the phantom photos in the Recently Deleted Folder. Next, I deleted the photos manually from the Recently Deleted Folder and the usage got freed up from my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.