Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I search an address using Apple maps on my iphone will it show up on my ipad? I use the same Apple ID on both.

I Want to kmow if I search for an address on my iphone using apple maps will it automatically show up apple maps on my ipad? I use the same apple id on both. I have an iphone 5c and ipad mini 1st generation.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 11:50 AM

Hello CFifield78,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are curious if your Maps searches sync between your iOS devices. Your searches do not sync across devices automatically, but you can save locations or address in your Favorites that will be shared across your devices. The attached iOS 8 User Guide explains this process (page 98).

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1565/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

To share the location, add the location to your Favorites, or use another app you install, tap User uploaded file.

This process is also mentioned on the following webpage. I would suggest reading over this site as well for use as a reference.

Apple - iOS 8 - Maps

User uploaded file

When you hear about a great new spot — like a restored drive-in movie theater or a restaurant-slash-boutique — save it as a bookmark in Maps. And spare your future self the need to remember the names and addresses of those places all over again. iCloud stores the locations you’ve bookmarked, so they’re accessible on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.3 iCloud also lets you send a map from your Mac running OS X Mavericks straight to your iPhone. When you’re signed in to iCloud on both devices, your phone shows up in the Share menu on your Mac. So you can plan your trip at your desk and get turn-by-turn voice navigation on the go.

Have a great day,

Joe

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2015 11:50 AM in response to CFifield78

Hello CFifield78,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are curious if your Maps searches sync between your iOS devices. Your searches do not sync across devices automatically, but you can save locations or address in your Favorites that will be shared across your devices. The attached iOS 8 User Guide explains this process (page 98).

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1565/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

To share the location, add the location to your Favorites, or use another app you install, tap User uploaded file.

This process is also mentioned on the following webpage. I would suggest reading over this site as well for use as a reference.

Apple - iOS 8 - Maps

User uploaded file

When you hear about a great new spot — like a restored drive-in movie theater or a restaurant-slash-boutique — save it as a bookmark in Maps. And spare your future self the need to remember the names and addresses of those places all over again. iCloud stores the locations you’ve bookmarked, so they’re accessible on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.3 iCloud also lets you send a map from your Mac running OS X Mavericks straight to your iPhone. When you’re signed in to iCloud on both devices, your phone shows up in the Share menu on your Mac. So you can plan your trip at your desk and get turn-by-turn voice navigation on the go.

Have a great day,

Joe

Mar 25, 2015 1:27 PM in response to AppleJoe

Hi,

I think your reply is not fully correct. Any search entry im Apple maps does sync between the devices which are using the same Apple ID. just tried it: did a search on my iPhone for a location I'm sure I never searched before. Opened Apple maps on my iPad then, and found that search entry as a proposal in the search field dropdown.

Christian.

If I search an address using Apple maps on my iphone will it show up on my ipad? I use the same Apple ID on both.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.