Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Reinstall 10.6.3 DVD in my Macbook6,1 with 10.6.8

Good Day Apple Community!

I can't reinstall my Mac OS 10.6.3 DVD on my Macbook6,1 late 2009 model with 10.6.8 on it... the install always says "Mac OS X Snow Leopard can't be installed on this computer.".

Please help me... reformat my macbook.

Please teach me how to properly install it.

Thank you.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 2:09 AM

11 replies

Mar 23, 2015 6:29 AM in response to PHJayvee1G

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot off the DVD. From the Utilities menu, run Disk Utility Verify/Repair and Repair Permissions until you get no errors. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button and select GUID. Then re-install the OS.

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data. Then update your software using Software Update. The combo update will save some time.

10.6.8 Combo Updater

Mar 24, 2015 7:29 AM in response to PHJayvee1G

PHJayvee1G wrote:

I've lost it, is there any difference on the two types of disk?

Possibly. I know the gray disk should work. What I cannot say with certainty is if the white retail is compatible with your Mac. A 6.1 Macbook came with 10.6.1 OSX and the white disk is 10.6.3 which suggests to me that it should work. It also could be that your disk is damaged.

Considering this situation, I believe your best option is an appointment at an Apple store genius bar. I know that they can install an OSX on your Mac and it will be FREE.

Ciao.

Mar 25, 2015 9:44 PM in response to PHJayvee1G

I already delete that but the recovery HD of 10.10.2 is still there..... did you think this cause the problem???

Yes, it could be. You could activate the hidden disk viewing in Disk Utility, mount the Recovery partition, then select it an erase it, then switch to the Partition tab, highlight the Recovery partition, and then press the "-" button to remove it.

Can't Reinstall 10.6.3 DVD in my Macbook6,1 with 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.