Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Release a patch from the concert in which it was generated.

Hello, I have a question .When I create a new patch this is a perfect copy of that concert. But if I try to do something as clear a strip, change its position, copy it or else I see that I can not do anything. Is there a way to make independent a new patch from the original concert which was originated? So you can edit it in its entirety?

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 1:36 AM

5 replies

Mar 23, 2015 6:18 AM in response to Gianluca132

I'm not sure if I understand most of your question, but you can export a single patch or set and import it into a new concert. The easiest way is to drag the patch to the desktop, open a new concert and drag the patch to the patch list. To change the position of a patch drag it up or down within the patch list to change the order. To delete a patch, select it and press delete. Use the same process for deleting a channel strip. Drag to change the order of channel strips. To copy a patch or channel strip select> edit>copy>paste. A shortcut is to select the patch or channel strip, then hold the command key while pressing C to copy, the hold the command key while pressing V to paste.

Mar 23, 2015 6:54 AM in response to lifenoise

Sorry but my first problem is an English really rough. I knew it was hard to explain, I try with an example: if I create an entire setup to the level of the concert then when I create a new patch with the "+" button at the top right, will create a new patch in all identical to the content of the concert. But in this new patch every strip displays the Mainstage icon at the top and is not editable except the very few aspects. You can not move, can not delete unless you do it at the concert level but then it will be deleted from all other pacth. And I do not find a solution to make it independent from the level of concert in which it was generated.

Mar 24, 2015 5:53 AM in response to Gianluca132

It sounds like you are creating channel strip instruments at concert level. To create a new patch or set within a concert select the + button or cog wheel in the patch list, not the channel strips section. See below. In figure 1, the + button was pressed to create inst 2. Figure 2 shows the cog wheel menu. After you have created a patch, then create/select a channel strip instrument.(figure 3). The setting box in the channel strip opened this menu.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mar 25, 2015 6:24 AM in response to Gianluca132

Try creating new patches within the concert and copy individual or multiple channel strips from the concert level to patch level, then delete the concert level channel strips. Or a shorter way is cut and paste by selecting a concert level channel strip, then holding the command key while pressing X, then select a newly created patch and press command>V. To undo any command, the shortcut is command>Z.

If you have already created a lot of channel strips, the above process will save you from having to do everything over.

Release a patch from the concert in which it was generated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.