Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I have a Podcast removed from iTunes data base so that I can re-submit the same name from a different feed address?

How can I have a Podcast removed from iTunes data base so that I can re-submit the same name from a different feed address?

I published the Podcast and the name does not appear as requested from my feed, I am using Google Feed Burner.

I have made the necessary change and resubmitted the Podcast only to get a reply that this Podcast feed has already been submitted.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 8:04 AM

1 reply

Mar 23, 2015 9:06 AM in response to leegram

Don't try to get it removed.

You are a little unclear as to what you are trying to do. If all you want to do is to change the Title of the podcast as it appears in the Store then you can just change it in the feed and the Store will pick it up in a few days - however some podcast creation methods use the title in the feed URL so if you do that you will probably change the feed URL - see below.

If you want to change the URL of the feed that the Store is using you need to add a special tag to the old feed and leave it in place for a couple of weeks. The method is described in detail here:

http://wilmut.uk/move

together with what to do if you don't have access to the old feed to change the tag.

When you have a question you should post the URLs of your feed and Store page; it's often vital for a complete answer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.