Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my camera roll would be deleted.. Is there anyway to get those back? Also when I signed back in I hit "Merge" not really knowing what that did.. Anyone have a clue what I did?

Last night I was putting some of my videos into my iCloud, since they take up to much storage in my phone. Once I got them in my iCloud, they wouldn't play or when they did, it would "buffer" in between.. So then I got to messing with my iCloud and signed out of my iCloud account, not paying attention that my pictures would be deleted off my camera roll.. So when I go back into my account and a message comes up with the options of merge and do not merge.. I hit merge (which I shouldn't have..) i have no idea what that did.. All my pictures on my camera roll are gone.. What did I do? And is there a way to get pictures back and "unmerge" what I did??

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 7:13 AM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2015 2:19 PM in response to amanda1324

Hey there Amanda,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you recently enabled iCloud Photo Library beta, so you could save some storage space on your iPhone 6, and you don’t see the Camera Roll or some recent pictures on your device. The article below provides a lot of great information about the iCloud Photo Library beta and should answer your questions about how it organizes content.

iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ - Apple Support

What happened to the My Photo Stream and Camera Roll albums?

The Camera Roll and My Photo Stream album are replaced with an All Photos album, which gives you the same compact scroll view, now with all your photos and videos organized by the date they were added. Learn more about finding photos in iOS 8.

After you enable iCloud Photo Library, all your original photos and videos are organized in one library. My Photo Stream will upload recent photos to share with your other devices, but iCloud Photo Library stores your originals. See how to upload originals below.

So long,

-Jason

my camera roll would be deleted.. Is there anyway to get those back? Also when I signed back in I hit "Merge" not really knowing what that did.. Anyone have a clue what I did?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.