Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air 2015 bootcamp drivers

Hi

I have installed Windows 8.1 Pro to my new MacBook Air11" 2015 model.

I didn't have create a driver disk with the bootdisk assistant, I just installed windows from a USB and downloaded a bootcamp assistant from the apple website.

It states that the version of bootcap isn't for the hardware that I have. Where can I get the latest bootcamp assistant that will allow me to install the drivers for this laptop I just purchased?

Thanks!

Denis

MacBook Air, Windows 8

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 8:10 AM

From System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support for your specific model, you cannot download from the Apple Downloads site, you must use BC Assistant only to create the USB.

MacBook Air

Mac model Windows 8
64-bit
Windows 7
64-bit
Windows 7
32-bit
Windows Vista
64-bit
Windows Vista
32-bit
Windows XP
32-bit
MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) BCA - - - - -
MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) BCA - - - - -
MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014) BCA BCA - - - -
MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014) BCA BCA - - - -
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2015 8:10 AM in response to mahdloc

From System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support for your specific model, you cannot download from the Apple Downloads site, you must use BC Assistant only to create the USB.

MacBook Air

Mac model Windows 8
64-bit
Windows 7
64-bit
Windows 7
32-bit
Windows Vista
64-bit
Windows Vista
32-bit
Windows XP
32-bit
MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) BCA - - - - -
MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) BCA - - - - -
MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014) BCA BCA - - - -
MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014) BCA BCA - - - -

Nov 22, 2015 2:18 PM in response to mahdloc

OP can I ask how you achieved this? I was under the impression that the EFI bios of the 2015 macbook air did not support booting from USB, so how did you manage to boot windows via USB to install?

Did you encounter any problems with windows recognizing the hard drive controller and if so which driver did you use?

The reason I ask is because I'm having issues installing windows 8.1 pro via boot camp due to windows not recognising the storage controller and throwing up "media driver missing" just like every window installer complains about raid.

I want to bypass boot camp by doing a standard usb install, seeing as boot camp isn't doing its job anyway, but still need the storage driver either way, so if you can tell me how you got around it that would be great!

And to answer your question: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/47328/apple-boot-camp-support all the drivers you need, just run each relevant installer package within your windows install.

macbook air 2015 bootcamp drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.