Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to add an older hp printer to mac pro and wireless network

How do I add an older hp printer to my mac pro (Yosemite) and my new wireless network?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), have ms office 2011 installed

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 6:58 AM

9 replies

Mar 23, 2015 7:31 AM in response to lllaass

I have this problem, too. My printer is an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600. I'm not finding the driver for it on the hp.com site.

Also, I need to remove old drivers before I add anything - there seems to be several on my Macbook Pro, and I'm getting a boondoggle when I try to scan all the time now, and part of the time when I try to print. I'd like to remove ALL old printer drivers, and start fresh. I read something about deleting printer drivers from my Library on the forum, but where folks say the Library is (select Option and Go from the Finder menu), it doesn't exist - there is no Go in my Finder menu...Would love some help. Thank you!

Mar 23, 2015 7:45 AM in response to Cutrone123

What OSX version?

Cutrone123 wrote:

I have this problem, too. My printer is an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600. I'm not finding the driver for it on the hp.com site.

Also, I need to remove old drivers before I add anything - there seems to be several on my Macbook Pro, and I'm getting a boondoggle when I try to scan all the time now, and part of the time when I try to print. I'd like to remove ALL old printer drivers, and start fresh. I read something about deleting printer drivers from my Library on the forum, but where folks say the Library is (select Option and Go from the Finder menu), it doesn't exist - there is no Go in my Finder menu...Would love some help. Thank you!

Mar 23, 2015 9:19 AM in response to Cutrone123

here's how to find the library, at least in Yosemite, go to the users folder, then your name, then go to, type in Library and it should show up

otherwise, go to the"System " Folder on the hard drive (has an "X' on it, I think) double click on it, and then go to, then Library....which may or may not work

the first one does work. HP's drivers go up to 10.5 and after that, updating the drivers for that printer went to Apple, not HP. Don't ask me why, that's just the way it went. So if you want newer drivers, try looking in Software Updates,

how to add an older hp printer to mac pro and wireless network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.