Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s Data/baterry issue after upgrade IOS 8.2

Hi,

I updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 8.2, and now I have the below issues:

1. NetworkSignal in an area where i have full signal before now it is weak. I have also lost all Data Connection in an area where i always get 4g
  2. Battery big problem, since I need to charge at least 2 times during the day, and night time with all apps off if I have left 40% battery the phone will go off at 06 a.m.
  3. My WI-FI keeps losing connecting for any apps, this is not an issue with my provider since all other devices work fine.
  4. Phone temperature will go high, enough to fry an egg.

I did install the IOs 8.2 a second time using Itunes SW and did not improve a bit.

What should I do to have this fix? I don't have any more a smart phone😟 or a mobile phone.

Is Apple doing all these SW releases with a proper test?

I'm very good engineer, if required I can help to improve this service.... 🙂, well only if this is a way to sell more Iphones 6?

Regards

Marcos

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2, it was a good phone before upgrade

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 7:39 AM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2015 2:22 PM in response to mbmarcos2

Hi mbmarcos2,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone; I know how frustrating that can be. If you continue to have multiple issues with your iPhone, especially if they began shortly after a software update/upgrade and persist after a reinstall, you may want to make sure you have your data backed up, then try restoring your iPhone to factory settings (which will install a fresh copy of the OS) and testing it in that default state before moving your data back. You may find the following article helpful:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Mar 28, 2015 5:52 AM in response to brenden dv

I am also facing exactly same issue after after updating to IOS 8.2 (Iphone 5S). Previously the area where i got full signal now having only 2 bar. Battery lasts only for 8-10 hr without any use (no call, wifi off, cellular data off, all background applications are closed). if i keep my phone in aeroplane mode, then battery performance if really good because it does not try to find the network.

I also tried the following but no improvement 😢

1. select carrier manually

2. reset the network setting several times

3. reset all setting several times

5. restore my phone

Kindly suggest how to resolve this

Iphone 5s Data/baterry issue after upgrade IOS 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.