Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps on iPhone not updated after applying App update on my iMac/iTunes

I have an iPhone 4s that i connect to my iMac (OS X). \

Issue: After I launch iTunes on iMac and update all app's - those updates are NOT applied to my iPhone 4s. Started when I bought the new iMac and moved to that desktop iMac. There iPhone and my apps on iMac/iTunes are never in synch. I have to update my iPhone app's via Wifi

Sure it has something to do with profile - this phone was originally setup on a Windows PC which I retired and moved 100% over to iMac.

How do I go about debugging resetting so my phone and iMac iTunes are in lock step/synch?

Thanks,

REM

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 8:35 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2015 8:11 AM in response to jeffd55

that isn't issue. i know about synching. been doing that since i bought a 3s :-)

issue is that synching doesn't updates app's that are on iMac and current version - to the iPhone. synch performs every other function fine - music, movies, etc....just apps are never updated.

i have am forced to update using iPhone wifi / apps / update all - which isn't a show stopper but would easier if i could do it all from my iMac ....which is part of reason i converted the household to mac's vs windows....

anyway, curious why apps update on on iMac but synch won't update the iPhone app to latest version when connected / synching via mac.

Apps on iPhone not updated after applying App update on my iMac/iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.