Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic trackpad bluetooth Connected / Connection Lost

Hi there,

I have a Mac Pro 2010 (Not macbook pro). I use a magic trackpad alongside a wacom intuos.

My trackpad has been displaying connected / connection lost for quite some time now and its rather annoying.

This doesn't happen after sleep, not does it take 60s to kick in (like some reports I've seen). It starts immediately and continues forever.

I check back on these forums periodically to see if anyone has had my exact problem and no dice.

Here is what I have tried:

• Reboot

• Reset PRAM

• Reset SMC by disconnecting power cable from tower

• Replacing batteries, changing battery brand

• Checking connectors for signs of corrosion on batteries and in the trackpad. (they're clean)

• Running trackpad a friend's macbook air (it worked and maintained connection)

• Running on another laptop on the same desk as the Mac Pro (maintained connection – ruled out local interference)

It seems to have been since Yosemite, but not instantaneously. I am loath to reinstall the OS and quite frankly have seen that this has not been a step towards fixing it for anyone!

Any new fixes anyone has, I'd love to hear them! Also my trackpad is personalised. Can i reset it? Perhaps that would fix it!

Thanks

Mac Pro (Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 8:57 AM

5 replies

Mar 24, 2015 7:52 AM in response to Pacey-j

To uninstall Chrome was no problem because if you reinstall it you lose nothing, unlike with some apps.

But this link with Yosemite seems to go on and on and no-one has come up with an answer. I don't think Bluetooth is the fault but it may be connected (forgive the pun) to a service or app you have. As I said, I have neither Yosemite or Chrome so I can only offer educated guesswork rather than practical help.

This would not be a solution but if you could download and apply Etrecheck, it may show something in your system. This link should take you there. Then copy / paste it here in this thread.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Jul 8, 2015 5:31 AM in response to Pacey-j

Having the same problem. It's been happening since the trackpad was new this January. It has the original factory installed batteries and the indicator is showing 73%. The only other nearby device with BT turned on is my Apple wireless keyboard, which does not lose connection, and anyway the devices are both Apple brand, meant to be used together, and shouldn't interfere with each other's connection. I don't have Chrome installed on my laptop and never have.

Early 2014 13" MB Air, 1.7 GHz Core i7, 8 GB RAM, Yosemite 10.10.4

Magic trackpad bluetooth Connected / Connection Lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.