Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installed update; files unaccessible; message: the index xml file is missing

Updated Numbers per automatic prompt. Now all of my files in numbers are inaccessible and I get a window that reads: The index xml file is missing. I've gone to the cloud, but none of my files are there. Help?

iWeb '08

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 6:27 AM

Hey nanifromportland,

I see that you are experiencing an issue with Numbers upon launch. I would like to suggest that you uninstall Numbers, then reinstall the application. Steps for proceeding with this can be found below:

Uninstall apps

You can uninstall apps you got from the Mac App Store, from other websites, or from discs. You can’t uninstall apps that are part of OS X, such as Safari and Mail.

Apps downloaded from the Mac App Store: Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock, hold down an app’s icon until all the icons begin to jiggle, then click an app’s delete button User uploaded file. If you later want the app, you can reinstall it from the Mac App Store.

OS X Yosemite: Install, update, and uninstall apps

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18752

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2015 6:27 AM in response to nanifromportland

Hey nanifromportland,

I see that you are experiencing an issue with Numbers upon launch. I would like to suggest that you uninstall Numbers, then reinstall the application. Steps for proceeding with this can be found below:

Uninstall apps

You can uninstall apps you got from the Mac App Store, from other websites, or from discs. You can’t uninstall apps that are part of OS X, such as Safari and Mail.

Apps downloaded from the Mac App Store: Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock, hold down an app’s icon until all the icons begin to jiggle, then click an app’s delete button User uploaded file. If you later want the app, you can reinstall it from the Mac App Store.

OS X Yosemite: Install, update, and uninstall apps

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18752

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

installed update; files unaccessible; message: the index xml file is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.