Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login into my safe mode. Help!?

Hi, I'm having problems booting my Macbook Pro (Early 2011). I've tried the hardware test and everything is fine. So I try safe mode.

This is my experience with safe mode

1) Bar bellow the Apple hits the midway point and hangs - takes 45 min

2) Screen goes grey for 10 min

3) Sceen goes black with a visible white mouse pointer 35 min

4) Then I get to the login screen. Things here are slow too, but I can click on my User.

5) When I enter the password, the ball appears and nothing... (I left it on over night)

Any ideas? Should I be logging in as a different user? Getting a little frustrated because it takes so long to get to the login screen.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 10:43 AM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2015 2:12 AM in response to sesta

Hello,

Normally your Mac will boot into Safe boot is you have FileVault turned on. You have turn off the FileVault, check this incase if you need OS X: About FileVault 2

And it should not take that long. You can do one thing by specifying the stat up drive by going to OS X Recovery OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support there you can verify the disk and you can also repair the disk if it needs. Even after doing you see it did not solve your problem reinstall your OS X.

Hope it helps,

Regards.

Can't login into my safe mode. Help!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.