Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My sister has just set up family sharing and although I can download a game from her purchases I can only play it up to where you have to pay for the full game even though my sister has already paid for it. What are we doing wrong?

My sister has just set up Family Sharing but I can only play her games up to the point when you have to pay for them although she has already paid for it. What are we doing wrong?

iPad, iOS 8.1

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 12:08 PM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2015 6:56 AM in response to Dotryan

Hey Dotryan,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you want to continue using a shared app past the point of In-App Purchase. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Which purchased content can I share using Family Sharing - Apple Support

There are a few things that you can't share:

• Songs added to iTunes Match from outside the iTunes Store
  • In-App Purchases
  • Items that are no longer available on the iTunes Store
  • Items that were hidden
  • Apps that aren't shareable

If you're on an Apple TV, you can't access shared music.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

My sister has just set up family sharing and although I can download a game from her purchases I can only play it up to where you have to pay for the full game even though my sister has already paid for it. What are we doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.