Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plug-n/Presets question: Which ones go into the Effects dropdown?

I use a few different photo editing software programs that have plug-ins for Aperture. A couple of days ago I clicked on the Effects dropdown and noticed there were a couple of presets from other software in there. I hadn't noticed them before. But they were definitely presets from a couple of the other software programs I am using.

I am not sure how they got into the Effects dropdown, but I do like them there and am now wondering how I go about including other presets into this dropdown. Can anyone explain in a "For Dummies" fashion how to get presets into that dropdown? It's really handy.

Thanks.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 2:13 PM

If you have adjustment presets, they can be installed in the folder /Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit/ in the system library, or in the corresponding folder in your user library in your home folder.

For example the onOne presets would be installed like this:

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit/onOne Presets.AdjustmentPresets

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2015 2:13 PM in response to Gr8fulted

If you have adjustment presets, they can be installed in the folder /Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit/ in the system library, or in the corresponding folder in your user library in your home folder.

For example the onOne presets would be installed like this:

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit/onOne Presets.AdjustmentPresets

Mar 23, 2015 2:36 PM in response to Gr8fulted

You may need to restart the Mac for Aperture to scan the Library folders again for plug-ins and presets.

There is also a menu item "Effects" menu to import presets. You might try that as well:

In the "Adjustments" panel open the "Effects" drop down menu and select "Edit Effects".

At the bottom of the "Edit Effects" panel is an actions menu (the gears icon). Click this icon and click "Import" to install presets.

User uploaded file

Plug-n/Presets question: Which ones go into the Effects dropdown?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.