Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"No sim card"

I got a brand new iPhone 6 last week, upgraded to iOS 8.2, that I'm using my T-Mobile 4G LTE plan with. The iPhone is overall pretty good, but it often complains of a missing SIM card every day or so, at which point the 4G LTE connection cuts, and I can't make or receive phonecalls or text messages. The only way to clear the error is to reboot the phone, but then the next day the same error will appear again.

Any other T-Mobile users experience this? It's annoying for a brand new phone to misbehave like this.

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 1:35 PM

5 replies

Mar 23, 2015 1:52 PM in response to Ingo2711

Yes I have followed those instructions. As I said, restarting my phone temporarily fixes the problem, but the same error occurs the next day. The next time this happens, I'll try reseating the SIM card.

Are there any other, more obscure reasons why this would happen? For what it's worth, I often use WiFi calling, and neither Android nor iOS seems to handle that seamlessly.

Hmm, my phone/SIM might have been a tad cool in my Wisconsin garage when I was trying to use my phone this morning. Can lower temperatures or no cell service trigger the "No sim card" error?

Mar 23, 2015 2:15 PM in response to mcandre

Did you use the SIM in another phone before you've got the iPhone 6? If yes, maybe your SIM needs to be replaced.

Did you already try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again? You will not lose data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

Low temperatures should not be a reason for that, but the loss of the cell signal could trigger the "No SIM" instead in some cases.

Mar 23, 2015 4:33 PM in response to mcandre

mcandre wrote:

I got a brand new iPhone 6 last week, upgraded to iOS 8.2, that I'm using my T-Mobile 4G LTE plan with. The iPhone is overall pretty good, but it often complains of a missing SIM card every day or so, at which point the 4G LTE connection cuts, and I can't make or receive phonecalls or text messages. The only way to clear the error is to reboot the phone, but then the next day the same error will appear again.

Any other T-Mobile users experience this? It's annoying for a brand new phone to misbehave like this.

OK, you have either a bad SIM or a bad phone. Start by going to a T-Mobile store and get a replacement SIM. If that doesn't fix it take the phone to an Apple store and get a new phone.

"No sim card"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.