Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator Device Backup Error

I have a new iPad that I supervised using Apple Configurator. I then set up the iPad with the apps and setting s I want to deploy on 30 other iPads.

I then plugged the iPad back in and tried to back up the device in Apple Configurator so that I can use the backup as a template for the other iPads. When I do so, the backup goes through the steps, then I get an error for each app that is installed on the device stating that it was "unable to remove app".

Why would I get this error? Is it because under the restrictions on the device I have "delete apps" turned off?

Why would Apple configurator want to remove the apps?

On a side note, does anyone know if the layout of the apps and folders are backed up so that when the other iPads are restored using this backup in Apple Configurator the home screens will be the same?

Thanks for any answers!

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 5:36 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Configurator Device Backup Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.