Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail error in iOS 8 - Emails older than 30 days are being automatically deleted and I DO NOT want this to happen

Since upgrading to iOS 8 on an iPhone 6, emails older than 30 days are being automatically deleted and I do not want this to happen. I have set the advanced mailbox behavior to “never remove deleted messages”. I also have this mailbox behavior set on my laptop which is running OS X 10.9.5. The email account is setup as IMAP and I am currently running iOS 8.1.3.

As I mentioned, this has only started happening since upgrading to iOS 8. Never had this problem before.

Any ideas??

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 3:55 PM

zenroz wrote:

Since upgrading to iOS 8 on an iPhone 6, emails older than 30 days are being automatically deleted and I do not want this to happen. I have set the advanced mailbox behavior to “never remove deleted messages”. I also have this mailbox behavior set on my laptop which is running OS X 10.9.5. The email account is setup as IMAP and I am currently running iOS 8.1.3.

As I mentioned, this has only started happening since upgrading to iOS 8. Never had this problem before.

Any ideas??

Check the settings on the phone again. And try changing the setting to something different, then set it back to "never". Note that some IMAP servers will delete older messages, independent of the connected devices.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2015 3:55 PM in response to zenroz

zenroz wrote:

Any ideas??

Check the settings on the phone again. And try changing the setting to something different, then set it back to "never". Note that some IMAP servers will delete older messages, independent of the connected devices.

Mail error in iOS 8 - Emails older than 30 days are being automatically deleted and I DO NOT want this to happen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.