Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thousands of photos, long ago deleted, suddenly reappeared within projects - why?!

Hello … Thousands of deleted photos have suddenly reappeared within some projects, but not others - and I have absolutely no idea why or how this happened. I delete photos that I do not want to process or save within Aperture by using the delete key on my keyboard and have frequently emptied the aperture trash. There are currently no photos in “aperture trash.” I import photos directly into Aperture from my Nikon SDcard. … I have searched through these Aperture expert forums and Apple forums, as well, and can't seem to find any threads that are directly applicable to my situation.

1. Can anybody explain to me why this suddenly happened?
2. How do I delete them without having to painstakingly delete them one by one? (I already did this once when I first imported them)? It would take many dozens of hours to go back through and do this all over again. This happened once before about two years ago and I couldn't figure out what to do, other than painstakingly go in to each affected project and delete (AGAIN!) each photo that I thought was long gone.
3. Why would this happen in some projects, but not others? It seems random to me.
4. Am I doing something wrong with how I originally delete them? I was stunned to see that all these old photos were still somehow on my hard drive. There are many thousands of them from various trips and so on.

If you are able to help me solve this, I would be most appreciative!

Aperture 3

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 3:34 PM

There are no replies.

thousands of photos, long ago deleted, suddenly reappeared within projects - why?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.