Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am i able to bring in my 5s and trade it for the 6?? If so what would the price difference be?

Would like to know if I'm able to trade my iPhone 5s for the iPhone 6?

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 2:50 PM

4 replies

Mar 23, 2015 2:53 PM in response to nahedt

No, you cannot trade in an iPhone for a different model with Apple. Some carriers will allow a trade-in; you need to ask your carrier. But generally you can do better selling your phone and buying a new phone. You will get more money selling it privately than you will with a dealer, who must make a profit on the exchange. But before selling it don't forget this: What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Mar 23, 2015 3:49 PM in response to nahedt

You can take your iPhone into an Apple Store for an immediate credit toward the purchase of a new one. See the quote below from http://store.apple.com/us/browse/reuse_and_recycle

You can also bring your iPad or iPhone to an Apple Retail Store and we’ll give you immediate credit for its value toward the purchase of a new one.

As the others have said, you may do better elsewhere. You can also get an estimate from Apple's recycling program using the link above.

Am i able to bring in my 5s and trade it for the 6?? If so what would the price difference be?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.