Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows 8.1 - itunes - contacts sync problem

Hello,

I'm using Windows 8.1 and itunes 12.1.1.4. I cannot sync contacts in my Outlook to my iphone (ios 8.2). When I had Windows 7 in my computer, I was able to sync contacts via usb to my iphone. But after I renewed my computer with Windows 8.1, I cannot sync via usb. Ok, of course I can sync over Exchange with activesync, however at that time, I loose some fields of my contacts like other phone field. Yes, this is a limititation of Exchange active sync. That's why I want to sync contacts over usb from my computer. By the way, I'm using a cached Outlook file (.ost).

Can anybody have an idea or solution? Or at least is there any log piece showing what is going wrong?

Best,

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 3:47 PM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2015 8:58 AM in response to miner034

Hello miner034,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPhone. If you are having issues syncing your Outlook contacts to your iPhone via iTunes 12, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

iTunes 12 for Windows: Sync contacts, calendars, and other info with iPod, iPhone, or iPad

Troubleshooting Sync Services on Windows with Microsoft Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, or Outlook 2010 - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Mar 27, 2015 8:51 AM in response to brenden dv

Hello brenden dv,

I had already checked those articles. As I wrote above I'm using Outlook 2013. My OS is Windows 8.1. All my softwares are 64 bit. I can sync calender information with Exchange on the fly; however, this is not the case for contacts. Because, due to activesync limitations, I cannot sync all the contact fields like "other phone" field and this is also documented by Microsoft. By the way, I already peformed iTunes Diagnostics and nothing is red, all of the items were green and passed the test completely.

However, although "sync with Microsoft" contacts option is enabled in iTunes, I cannot even see the names of groups in the below box. By the way, there is no iTunes add-in among Outlook add-ins. I can only see iCould Outlook add-in and it is enabled. It seems there is a problem with Outlook and iTunes communication although all the tests have been passed successfully from iTunes Diagnostics.

Is there any special article for Microsoft Outlook 2013? Or do you know any file or folder that iTunes drops logs as to what it is performing.

Thx,

windows 8.1 - itunes - contacts sync problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.