Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari reload pages and often slow and hangs

My iPad 2 with ios 8.2 has safari issues. Pages often load several times. Sometimes it crashes.

I have set up my iPad as new.

Any suggestions?

iPad 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 8:48 AM

Hi norway09,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that Safari on your iPad is not working as expected. In this situation there are two different troubleshooting steps that I would recommend.

First, please use the information in the attached article to clear your history and cookies from Safari.

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Clear information from your device

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

To visit sites without leaving a history, turn on private browsing.

After that process has been completed, I would suggest completely closing Safari and then opening it fresh using the instructions located in the next attached article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2015 8:48 AM in response to norway09

Hi norway09,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that Safari on your iPad is not working as expected. In this situation there are two different troubleshooting steps that I would recommend.

First, please use the information in the attached article to clear your history and cookies from Safari.

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Clear information from your device

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

To visit sites without leaving a history, turn on private browsing.

After that process has been completed, I would suggest completely closing Safari and then opening it fresh using the instructions located in the next attached article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

Safari reload pages and often slow and hangs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.