Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever I am on pch.com and try to search the ball keeps spinning

Wheneve I am on pch.com I try searching and the circle under 'Searching' keeps spinning with no results ever showing up in a list

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 4:24 PM

9 replies

Mar 28, 2015 6:07 AM in response to seventy one

Your absolutely right it is a gambling sight - just never thought of it that way - and I was and still am curious why all of a sudden it doesn't search in Safari when I've been searching in Safari everyday for years - You're right I can get it elsewhere in Chrome and Firefox - just thought Safari may have some technical issues that someone can help me with - and just recently I was trying to access Chat help in Apple support and strangely enough the search keeps spinning saying it is waiting to connect and it never does - STRANGE - which is why I turned to Apple Comunity

Mar 28, 2015 7:41 AM in response to cbapple59

Try this ... then report back your findings along with the etrecheck report.

1. Go to Safari menu > report bugs > report your findings.

2. Go to Safari menu > clear cache.

3. If no improvement, go to Safari menu > Reset > uncheck all the boxes > press reset.

If still no improvement download and apply the etre check program and copy or paste the results here.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Mar 29, 2015 2:28 PM in response to cbapple59

Strange but true - emptying the cache was my original idea - but it doesn't even appear in the drop down menu under Safari anymore - I will tried resetting Safari before but I had all boxes checked except 'remove all website data' - so I will try resetting Safari as you say 'all boxes unchecked' and see what happens - last resort will be etrocheck - I don't like downloading a source I never heard of Thanks - I know I need a new updated computer but can't afford one LOL

Whenever I am on pch.com and try to search the ball keeps spinning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.