Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I use guitar and keyboard and voice simultaneously in the same concert?

I would like to use the guitar and 2 keyboards and voice and backtracks at the same time can this be done?

I have not yet discovered how to do this.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), imessage

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 5:21 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 10:20 PM in response to David Fenton1

Guitar, keyboards, and voice should be easy enough in MS, backing tracks are a different matter. For the Guitar and Voice, you'll need a small USB interface, which range from about $100 to $400 depending upon quality. PreSonus, Focusrite, M-Audio, MOTU, Apogee, Lexicon (and others) make good interfaces that should meet your needs, and interface with any audio host (like MS). Then you simply have a patch that contains two "Audio Channel Strips", one for voice and one for guitar, with any effects you need for either. Any time you need different settings, make a new patch with the necessary effects and parameters.

I just learned that MS can do basic background tracks. Here's a YouTube video that shows how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUDFoEm1FPE. Now, you're basically talking about a wav or mp3 that plays from start to finish... no looping or other things, for anything more involved you'll want to use something like Ableton Live, which is what I use for triggering live drum loops and stuff. But if you've already bounced down audio backing tracks, MS will be fine!

how do I use guitar and keyboard and voice simultaneously in the same concert?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.