Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 5C keeps crashing when I try to access a link from email (hotmail)- it begins loading the web page and then stops, screen goes black and phone reverts to home app screen. The internet on its own seems to be just fine in isolation of email. Help?!

My 5C keeps crashing when I try to access a link from email (hotmail)- it begins loading the web page and then stops, screen goes black and phone reverts to home app screen. The internet on its own seems to be just fine in isolation of email. Help?!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:15 AM

Hi amyhlj,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPhone. If you are having issues with your iPhone restarting when accessing a specific web page (all web pages?), you may want to try resetting the Safari data on your phone as outlined in the following article:

Clear information from your device

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

To visit sites without leaving a history, turn on private browsing.

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2015 9:15 AM in response to amyhlj

Hi amyhlj,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPhone. If you are having issues with your iPhone restarting when accessing a specific web page (all web pages?), you may want to try resetting the Safari data on your phone as outlined in the following article:

Clear information from your device

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

To visit sites without leaving a history, turn on private browsing.

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.