Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Server Error

I have tried just about everything to figure this problem out. Please do not post a link to the Apple trouble shooting section because that is not fixing the problem. I have a 2009 Macbook Pro running Mac OS X 10.6.8. I have not used Facetime at all on this Mac. I just downloaded it from the app store and when trying to login using my Apple ID I normally use for everything the following message appears in red "the server encountered an error processing registration, please try again later"............Anyone?? Anything???

<Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), .

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 6:03 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 9:07 AM in response to PieGuy314

Hello PieGuy314,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are experiencing a connection problem with FaceTime on your Mac and it is giving you a server related error message. I also realize that you have gone through several Apple troubleshooting articles and thus far the information is not helping your issue. For this specific server error that you are getting, however, I would recommend reading over the following attached article. It may have more relevant steps that address your issue, such as using an app-specific password if you are using two-step verification.

Get help signing in to FaceTime, Game Center, Messages - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Facetime Server Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.