Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Netflix will not play when my Apple TV is connected to my Sprint Hotspot.

I can watch videos on my Netflix account from my laptop connected to the exact same Hotspot. I can access my Netflix and search for videos, yet when I attempt to play I get (139:NFErr_MC_AuthFailure). I have reset and restored every single device/app involved. I have checked that no parental controls are on. I have called Netflix and Sprint both with no resolution. I live on an island and do not have access to another form of internet (hence the Hotspot). I used to have AT&T and never had this issue. Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 5:42 PM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2015 11:40 AM in response to Imonislandthyme

I'm having the same issue. I live on a farm and the only internet fast enough is from my phone. I've connect the hotspot, but I get that same error when I try and play something. What does work, however, is if I pull up the netflix app on my phone (a different phone from the one I am using as a hotspot), play it from there, and airplay it on the apple TV. It's a big pain and it effectively slows my connection because I'm streaming it through the hotspot onto my phone and then pushing that back through the network onto the Apple TV. Any way to play it directly from Apple TV??

Sep 3, 2015 10:32 AM in response to Imonislandthyme

same here.

i have a zing hotspot. it can not play netflix on all my apple devices. yesterday i took the hotspot into a sprint store. they said netflix had blocked the signal to the hotspot. i don’t know why they would do that because i pay $120 for 30GB per month.

anybody know about port forwarding? it's not working for me. what is netflix's current port number?

My Netflix will not play when my Apple TV is connected to my Sprint Hotspot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.