Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP

I have a MacBook Pro with my job. I have two different Apple accounts one on my Mac and one personal. Can i combine to two? Also I just accidentally downloaded OSX something and it restarted my computer and now everything is different? What did I do? HELP ME PLEASE

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 6:23 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 9:10 AM in response to EmilyM11

Hello EmilyM11,

Is it possible that you just updated your MacBook Pro to the latest operating system, which is OS X 10.10.2 (Yosemite). If you click on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen, and then click About This Mac, what version is showing?

Apple - OS X Yosemite - Overview

The resource below will provide some options for using your two Apple ID accounts.

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204161

What is an Apple ID?

An Apple ID is a user name you use for everything you do with Apple. Creating an account for an Apple service, such as the iTunes Store or the App Store, creates an Apple ID. Apple ID allows you to access other Apple services. You don't have to create a new account for each service—just use your Apple ID.

For a complete list of all of the places you can use an Apple ID, see Where do I use an Apple ID.

I have multiple Apple IDs. Is there a way for me to merge them into a single Apple ID?

Apple IDs cannot be merged. You should use your preferred Apple ID from now on, but you can still access your purchased items such as music, movies, or software using your other Apple IDs.

If you are wondering how using multiple Apple IDs relate to iCloud, see Apple IDs and iCloud.

Set up your Apple ID for iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204053

I have purchased music, apps, or books with multiple Apple IDs. How can I get all of this content onto my iOS device?

First, copy all of your purchased content so that it's on the same Mac or PC with iTunes. This computer should be the one you sync your device with.

iTunes for Mac: How to copy purchases between computers

Next, authorize your computer to play content with each Apple ID in iTunes. After your computer is authorized for all of your content, it can be synced to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.