Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

streaming issues when connected to receiver

ok here's one for you ... I have a 3rd gen Apple tv (I think I do, its the 720p one that came out before the 1080p version) i have sony S-air surround sound. the receiver for the sound sound is connected to my tv Via HDMI... I have the apple TV, blu ray player, and PStv connected to the receiver via HDMI.... I have had no problem really with the streaming of the apple tv until I connect it to the Receiver . I have the Apple TV connected through ethernet, and everything is lighting fast at first.. .. if I'm watching youtube it will be good for a while, then the sound cuts out, and a few seconds it stops. I then have to wait for it to catch up... It didn't do this when it wasn't connected to the receiver.. is there a setting somewhere I am forgetting to set?? you would think it wouldn't do this connected to the ethernet... sorry for the confusing question, any help is appreciated.

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 7:02 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 9:41 AM in response to hailgalvatron

Hi hailgalvatron,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Apple TV. If you continue to have intermittent but persistent audio issues with your Apple TV when connected to your receiver, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting audio issues - Apple Support

Apple TV: HDMI audio stops working - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

streaming issues when connected to receiver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.