Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac Book currently is using snow leopard, which is an upgrade. I would like to upgrade again to the mountain lion so I can use my new nano iPod. Will my Mac Book be compatible?

I am currently running an upgraded OS X 10.6.8 on my MacBook. I would like to upgrade to the Mountain Lion. Is my MacBook system compatible to run that version?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 4:41 PM

1 reply

Mar 23, 2015 4:43 PM in response to Wildeb03

Choose About this Mac from the Apple menu, click on More Info, and check the model identifier against the following, which are the earliest MacBooks of each type that can run Mountain Lion and newer:

MacBook5,1

MacBookPro3,1

MacBookAir2,1

A Mac older than those listed which has a Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) or better CPU and at least 2GB of RAM can run Lion 10.7, which is available by clicking here. Neither Yosemite nor Lion support PowerPC software such as Microsoft Office 2004.

(124717)

My Mac Book currently is using snow leopard, which is an upgrade. I would like to upgrade again to the mountain lion so I can use my new nano iPod. Will my Mac Book be compatible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.